Surrounded by hiking trails, parks, and more than 350 acres of open hill country, Travisso boasts a natural recreational environment for year-round fun. With summer heating up, so are all the endless possibilities for some awesome summertime activities. From swimming to hiking, bike riding, or just hanging out with neighbors and friends your backyard playground awaits. Here’s an exclusive guide to some great ways for you and the kids to spend your summer days.
Community fun for everyone
- Be a pedal pusher and tour Travisso on your bike. With 10 miles of paved proposed trails intertwined throughout the community, it’s a fantastic way to spend time with the kids. The hilly terrain is a bit challenging but you’ll be awarded with fresh air and extraordinary scenery. The trails are also a great way to explore the community by foot or for a faster approach try rollerblading.
- Pack a picnic lunch and head to a park. Equipped with playgrounds and natural surroundings Travisso’s parks are the perfect spot to relax. And a place for kids to run, jump, and play. Bring a Frisbee, fly a kite, play hide-and-seek, or water balloon tag–the possibilities are endless.
- Stay cool at the pool. Beat the heat this summer at Travisso’s resort-style pool. Located at the Palazzo, the pool is a center of activity for summertime fun. Chill out, enjoy a swim, or host a School’s Out for the Summer pool party. The large pavilion has everything you need including lounge chairs, poolside tables, and a fire pit for roasting s’mores.
- Organize a nature scavenger hunt. There’s no better way to explore Travisso’s great outdoors than a scavenger hunt. Kids will love it. And, you will too, because this close to home activity is just that. It’s also free. Make it a neighborhood event and invite other families. Start by making a list of some of nature’s well-recognized elements such as leaves, flowers, sticks, or plants. Then, break it down further into specific categories such as things that are yellow, bumpy, soft, and round. You’ll be amazed at all the things kids will find.
- Have a Splash Bash. Have your kids invite their besties and head over to Travisso’s super fun aquatic Splash Pad. They can stay, play, and splash all day at this zero-depth water playground—a perfect place for kids of all ages. Colorful in-ground and above-the-head spray features provide countless hours of fun. It’s also another great way to stay cool.
Look what’s happening at the Palazzo
Want to keep kids extra busy this summer? Travisso’s award-winning lifestyle director has planned a plethora of daily and weekly kid’s classes and events through the summer to keep everyone happy and active. Whether your kids are into playing games, making crafts, or story time there’s always something to do without leaving the neighborhood. Below is a list of our favorite HOA activities and events happening in June at the Palazzo.
- Make Your Own Pizza Party, June 12. YUM pizza! Who can resist? Budding culinarians will have a blast handcrafting their very own pie. We’ll supply all the ingredients like mozzarella cheese, spinach, pepperoni, mushrooms, pineapple, and of course, a pre-made crust. It takes place at 11 a.m. at the Palazzo in the Toscana Room.
- Karate Summer Camp, now through August 17. This amazing martial arts program helps kids build focus, confidence, respect, and a winning attitude. But, most of all it’s a whole lot of fun. The camp takes place on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 10 a.m. to noon at the Palazzo. The fee is $125 per month and includes the uniform.
- Bubble Blast, June 19. Kids will blow bubbles to their heart’s desire. Join the Palazzo crew for a great morning activity sure to put a huge smile on everyone’s face. We’ll supply everything you need. It takes place from 10:30 a.m. to noon at the Palazzo.
- Summer Arty Party, June 26. Bring your creativity and we’ll bring the rest. During this two-hour crafty workshop kids will make Initial Art on a canvas with acrylic paint from 10 a.m. to noon in the Toscana Room.
- Water Tag, June 29. This wet version of the ever-popular laser tag is a great way to enjoy the hot weather. We’ll have a water tag arena set up behind the Palazzo near the playground. Bring a towel, your sworn enemy, and wear clothes that you can get wet. Join us from 10 a.m.-noon at the Palazzo playground.
Have a wonderful summer of fun in the sun and enjoy!