Remember when planning a family outing meant unfolding a paper map that lived in the glove box or passenger side seat pocket? Then after planning a route to your destination, loading up and driving off, you run into a traffic jam.
The convenience of searching a virtual map with live updates on arrival time has seemingly eliminated the infamous ‘are we there yet?’ Even though your kids will still try.
But what hasn’t been rid of is the traffic jam waiting a couple miles ahead. Unless maybe you live along the road less traveled.
The close proximity to Austin is part of what makes Leander one of the fastest-growing areas outside of Austin. Approximately half of the people who work in the Austin area live outside of the city limits.
Whether you want to travel off the beaten path or ‘Keep Austin Weird,’ Travisso provides the convenience of living the Austin lifestyle without the headache of the big city.
Living on the edge of Travis County, Travisso is located approximately 30 miles from downtown Austin. While the city’s attractions may seem out of reach, Travisso residents are closer to many of the best attractions the area has to offer. Compare this to Austin residents who live South of downtown and spend more time on the road but travel a shorter distance.
Whether you plan to grab a bite to eat, catch a game, or visit an exhibit, all of these activities are within close proximity. Here are just a few examples:
- Shop and Dine
- The Domain – Drive 30 minutes and indulge in a shopping mecca with shops from nearly all the well known companies. The Domain also houses a variety of restaurants and bars. Choose from Tex-Mex, BBQ to Japanese ramen.
- The Arboretum – Just 25 minutes from Travisso, this outdoor collection of restaurants and shops allows you to shop in a park-like setting.
- Topgolf – 30 minutes away from Travisso you arrive at a one of a kind driving range. This location offers an ‘Angry Bird’ theme game for families, or stick to a classic golf game.
- iFly Indoor Skydiving – A short 20 minute drive lands you at this indoor skydiving simulator.
- Bowling – Highland Lanes and Dart Bowl are two classic bowling places for the entire family.
- Pinballz – Check out Texas’ largest selection of classic pinball and video games. There are two different locations in North Austin.
- Austin Aquarium – Travel 20 minutes and enjoy an interactive adventure with exotic wild and marine life.
- H-E-B Center at Cedar Park – Just 15 minutes from Travisso. Enjoy a variety of events at this multi-use entertainment facility located in Cedar Park.
- Professional Sports- Texas Stars Hockey Club, Austin Spurs Basketball, Round Rock Express Baseball Club, and the brand-new Austin FC all play in locations North of Austin.
Small Town Hospitality
Another perk of living outside the big city is experiencing the sense of community you feel in a small town. You’ll find plenty of charm and a feeling of togetherness in Leander. Including community events, friendly local shops, and restaurants. Experience close-knit neighborhoods and the inviting hospitality of a small town.
The city of Austin has a uniquely large amount of green space. But there is nothing like living in Texas Hill Country. Living on the edge of the city means there is nearly unlimited access to beautiful parks, quiet places, lakes and rivers all within minutes of Travisso. For example Balcones Canyonlands National Wildlife Refuge are right in your backyard. While access to Lake Travis begin 5 miles from Travisso.
This is just an introduction to the long list of adventures for you to experience living on the edge of Austin.
Living at Travisso opens the door for you to enjoy the Austin lifestyle from the comfort of living in the safe and welcoming community of Leander.