There’s something for everyone at Travisso’s new amenity center, The Club at Travisso. With over 9,200 square-feet of indoor and outdoor recreational space the possibilities are endless. Located against the backdrop of the beautiful Texas Hill Country, The Club boasts a 3,260 square-foot resort style pool, a 2,000 square-foot fitness center equipped with all the latest cardio equipment, two lighted tennis courts, a children’s splash zone, amphitheater, and much more. The “much more,” according to Travisso’s Community Lifestyle Director, Collette Cosby, is the addition of group fitness classes, personal training options, and dietetic counseling sessions.
There’s no doubt about it–fitting a routine exercise program in a busy schedule is difficult. No matter how hard you try to keep your New Year’s resolution it seems by the end of January the commitment has diminished. With the addition of new services this January at The Club, staying fit close to home just got a whole lot more convenient.
For Cosby, implementing and expanding services at The Club was an easy decision. “Adding these services and programs to our fitness center offers our residents the same options that they could find at a commercial gym right in their back yard.”
The number one benefit of group fitness classes is that you don’t have to do it alone. Experts agree that being surrounded by dedicated like-mind individuals help to motivate and keep you motivated. “Group fitness is an amazing way to meet other motivated individuals with similar goals,” says Cosby. “The camaraderie built in class creates a fun atmosphere that pushes you to work hard and keep coming back.”
New group fitness classes at The Club include both Yoga and Boot Camp. Classes meet two to three times per week. Days and times vary with morning and evening sessions available. Also, starting in January is Commit To Be Fit, a six week weight-loss and exercise challenge that includes a free body composition assessment and a certified personal trainer—prizes, surprises, and much more.
There are other benefits to taking group fitness classes including:
- Classes are Structured-Classes are already thought out and planned for you. There’s no thinking involved. Fitness instructors plan the entire class starting with a warm-up or stretch, followed by a balanced workout and then ends with a cool-down. You show up, follow the instructor, and after an hour, you have completed an entire workout. Done! Best of all you feel energized.
- You’ll Learn Proper Form-For fitness newbies and even for intermediate and advanced exercisers knowing that you are using proper form is essential. Group fitness instructors not only demonstrate proper form but will also ensure everyone in class is doing it correctly and safely.
- They Keep You Accountable-After a few classes you’ll feel comfortable in your surroundings. The first step is of course the hardest. Going to a class for the first time is tough. If you are new to exercise or haven’t gone in a while, classes are the way to go. Once you go for a few weeks others will begin to notice and also know when you aren’t there. Thus, creating accountability for coming back week after week.
- You’ll Strive to Get to the Next Level-When exercising alone it is extremely easy to stop, give up or slow down. But in a group atmosphere with an instructor to keep you motivated quitting is not an option. You may think you can’t do it but as long as the person next to you keeps going chances are you will too.
- You Get to Socialize-Group fitness classes are a great way to meet new people, form friendships, network, and have a great time.
The Club is also offering residents the opportunity to sign up for private one-on-one and partner dietetic counseling sessions and personal training. “Hiring a personal trainer or dietitian is a great way to stay motivated and accountable to your fitness goals,” says Cosby. For additional information contact the Club at Travisso at 512-770-6185.
Travisso—Italian Inspired, Hill Country Made.